Saturday, August 30, 2008

How Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired Are You?

Question: How sick and tired of being sick and tired are you? Are you sick and tired enough to become a literal moving force and stop talking about doing something or are you spinning your wheels thinking your going somewhere because you're talking about doing something?

If you are like me, you have done the latter for quite sometime, blinded by your own rhetoric. The temporary gains you made by advancing in whatever your quest, i.e. freedom from debt, achieving peace within your family or overcoming an addiction are circumvented by the source that got you there in the first place. Ladies and Gentlemen, lift up the rug and uncover the dirt you've been sweeping under there for how ever long you've been sweeping it under there. It is time for true change and real conversion, not shallow yet quicksand philosophies on how you've been living your life.

At the end of last year around New Year's Eve, I prayed to have a makeover; I asked the Lord to make me over, mind, body, soul and spirit. I told him I would obey and follow Him wherever that would lead me, no matter where I ended up, no matter who I ended up with or not with, no matter how I looked after the transformation or how much money was in my pocket or what was my socioeconomic status would be when He was through creating me for the "nth" time. It is now August 30, 2008 and I am starting to feel the breakthrough. I am compliant, I have my ears open and my heart fixed on Him. Please don't get me wrong, I failed at times, but because I embraced the Words in Philippians 4:13 that I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me, I am beginning to emerge victorious in some areas in my life that I thought I never could.

I graduated from my local university with an Associate's degree almost 5 years to the date since I began my part-time pursuit in August 2003. I am getting closer to my son and instilling more life long values into him than ever as he grows up and I am experiencing personal growth at a new level. People, there is hope!

The following are some tips to aid you in your quest to change are:

Pray - Read the Bible - Read books that are appropriate to your situation - Pray for and Seek out good counsel - Drop dead weight (all relationships included) - Go to a sound Biblical based church with a body of believers and fellowship - Pray to recognize who your friends are and the extent in which you should confide in them - Give to others even it's a little - Develop a hobby - Exercise - Love your family and friends even if its difficult and they don't love you back - Pray with open ears - Be quiet sometimes - Be patient with yourself and others - Forgive yourself and others - Be friendly - Smile - Pray and Read your Bible Again and Again.


Key verse: The race is not given to the swift, nor to the strong but to the one who endures (presses through) to the end. Ecclesiastes 9:11

Therefore now there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus - Romans 8:1

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whosever believes on Him will not perish but have everlasting (enduring) life. John 3:16

Final thoughts:

Be Encouraged, Embrace the truth and let God Envelope you in His love from this moment on.



sport01

No comments: